G. Dean Harter, M.D. Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Dean Harter is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who graduated from the West Virginia University School of Medicine in 1988. Dr. Harter is affiliated with WVU Medicine Parkersburg Orthopaedics at Parkersburg, WV.
Education and Training
- Fellowship in elbow surgery from the Mayo Clinic in 2006
- Orthopaedic surgery residency from the Geisinger Medical Center in 1997
- Pediatric orthopaedic surgery internship from the Alfred I. Dupont Institute in 1996
- Flight surgery internship from the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute in1991
- General surgery internship from the Portsmouth Naval Hospital, 1989
Dr. Harter is a speaker at many Regional, National and International CME courses. He also offers preoperative patient education program. Dr. Harter has performed numerous shoulder arthroplasty procedures and has a special interest in Partial Knee Replacement and Revision Knee Replacement. His key interests include the treatment of a variety of upper extremity disorders including fractures, arthritis, and rotator cuff disorders. You can visit Dr. Harter for all your shoulder and elbow conditions. He also performs hip/knee reconstruction procedures.
Dr. Harter is a designer of Shoulder Arthroplasty and Fracture Fixation Systems. He is also a member of the faculty team to train other surgeons for Partial Knee Replacement and Revision Knee Replacement.
“Dr. Harter is passionate about orthopaedic surgery and works tirelessly for his patients.”
Rosner Family Health and Wellness Center
Cleveland Clinic Florida, Indian River Hospital